If you would like to share biographies with fellow researchers, please email me anytime!
Thank you so much!
|Linda Bramble Tobias||H. C. Tucker|
|Frederick Tracy||John S. Tucker|
|D. H. Tripp & Co.||James Turbett|
|Otto Triebel||John Turbett|
|William Triplett||William Turbett|
|Moses Troyer||A. O. Tuttle|
|Ezra Tucker||more to come...|
Linda Bramble Tobias. James and Pamela Seeley Bramble, born in the1820's
in OH and NY, moved to Peoria in 1845 where he was a building contractor. Their
daughter, Linda, was born in 1851 in Peoria and married Ezra Tobias. Here is a
portion of a poem that she wrote:
Linda Bramble Tobias
As I sit by myself in the moon-light
Gently rocking too and fro
And watching the lacy shadows
Of the leaves, as they come and go,
The fragrant breath of the early rose
Faintly floats on the soft night air,
And the violet, sweet, in modest grace
Breaths forth it's perfume rare.
The fire-fly with its tiny lamp
Glides in and out in its flight
As though on some secret mission sent
By it's mistress,, the Queen of night.
And afar, past the sparkling river
Crossed by shining silver bars,
The distant hills, whose shadowy heights
Seem to vanish amidst the stars
The hum of the busy City
Lying close in the vale at my feet
Is hushed to a softened Murer
That scarce reaches my quiet retreat;
As I gaze, entranced, at the mystic scene
So lovely beyond compare,
It seems that sin and sorrow could find
No place in that region fair.
For the City lies so silent
After the passionate day
With it's mad rush after the "apples of gold"
Which so speedily crumble away;
As though God in His loving kindness
Had sent the Angel of Peace
To cuddle His poor tired "bairnies down"
And bid all their sorrows cease.
Biography, photos and poem submitted by Wick Tobias
FREDERICK BREWSTER TRACY. Frederick B. Tracy, serving for the second
term as city clerk at Peoria, has in public office made an excellent record,
characterized by thorough understanding of the duties that have devolved upon
him and promptness and efficiency in their execution. To him a public office is
a public trust, and it is well known that no trust reposed in Frederick B. Tracy
has ever been betrayed.
Mr. Tracy, who is one of New England's native sons, was born in Ellington, Tolland county, Connecticut, September 3, 1852. His parents were Addison L. and Ann L. (Chester) Tracy, who were residents of Tolland county in which the town of Ellington is located. In the year of their son Frederick's birth, however, they sought a home in the middle west, taking up their abode at Elmwood, Illinois, where the father engaged in merchandising. Some years afterward he and his wife went to Florida where they spent their remaining days.
Frederick B. Tracy is the only surviving child of that marriage. The public schools of Elmwood afforded him his early educational privileges which were supplemented by a course in Knox Academy at Galesburg, Illinois. He entered business life in the capacity of clerk in a general store at Elmwood, and came to Peoria in 1890 to fill the position of deputy circuit clerk, in which capacity he remained for one term. He then turned his attention to the insurance business which he followed in connection with other lines of activity until elected city clerk of Peoria in the spring of 1909. That his course was creditable and commendable is evidenced in the fact that he was reelected in 1911, and is the present incumbent in the office. He is methodical in the discharge of his duties and has carefully systematized the work of the position. He is a stalwart advocate of the republican principles and along legitimate lines does all he can to further the interests and promote the success of his party.
In 1878, at Elmwood, Mr. Tracy was united in marriage to Miss Mary B. Rogers, a daughter of Henry P. Rogers of Peoria county, who engaged in the lumber business at Elmwood. Her mother bore the maiden name of Annie Wilkinson and was a resident of Farmington, Illinois, prior to her marriage, having come to this state from New York. Unto Mr. and Mrs. Tracy have been born two children: Annie C., who is now a teacher in the public schools of Peoria; and Frederick B., Jr., connected with the public utilities at Muncie, Indiana, as a member of the Central Indiana Gas Company.
Fraternally Mr. Tracy is identified with the Masons, and has attained high rank in that order. In 1901 he served as master of Illinois Lodge, No. 263, A. F. & A. M. at Peoria. He is also a member of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Peoria, and of Mohammed Temple, A. A. O. N. M. S. In his life he exemplifies the beneficent spirit of the craft which recognizes the truth of universal brotherhood. He has attractive social qualities which render him a companionable man and the circle of his friends is constantly increasing as the circle of his acquaintance broadens. He is well known as a leading republican of Peoria county, and one to whom the public may look with confidence and trust as an able official. (Peoria, City and County, Illinois (1912) by James M. Rice, pages 166-167, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TRIPP, D. H. & Co., booksellers and stationers 206 Main street. This firm has been established in business since November 1860, and is the oldest existing firm in this line in Peoria. It is composed of D. H. Tripp, and S. H. Tripp, brothers, who have been residents of the city since 1852. They occupy the whole of a large three story building, have a large fine store with a depth of 97 feet and a frontage of 20 feet, and carry a stock of about $25,000. Both are men of family and the eldest son of Mr. D. H. Tripp, is bookkeeper. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, pages 696-697, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TRIEBEL, OTTO, sculptor and monument manufacturer, 1414 Perry street, is the son of Henry and Fredrica Triebel. Was born in Roemhild, Germany, in 1830; began the study of sculpture at the age of fourteen, and has devoted his whole life to that branch of art. In 1849, he immigrated to the United States, and settled permanently in Peoria in 1853; in September of the year following he married Elesa Acherer, a native of Condon county, Switzerland, but came to America when seven years old. Mr. Triebel established his monument and marble works in the Spring of 1872, and has designed and executed much of the finest monumental work which adorns the cemeteries of Central Illinois. Mr. and Mrs. Triebel have nine living children: Henry, a partner; William, Albert, Louis, Fritz, Berthe, Carl, Louise and Otto. Four of the sons are skillful artizans in monumental work. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 696, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TRIPLETT, WILLIAM J., res. 417 First street, was born in London Co., Va., March 26, 1827, and is the son of Roderick Triplett, and Polly Jacobs, natives of Virginia. He was raised in his native county till about twelve years old, when with his parents he came to Illinois, settling in Washington, Tazewell Co., where they went to farming and he grew up to manhood. He came to Peoria about 1854, and married, Dec. 24, 1849, in Washington, Tazewell Co., Miss Nancy Cullen, a native of Va., by whom he has had six children, three now living, Llewellyn, Isadore, and Johnnie. He wrought at his trade of carpenter in the city for about twelve years, and then enlisted in the Fall of 1862 in Co. A. 14th I. V. C. under command of Col. Capron. He was ruptured in the following May, and was thereupon discharged. Was laid up in consequence of his injury for a long time, and has never been the same man since. Kept boarders from the time of his return on, and ran a livery stable for about two years, but has quite recently given it up. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 697, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TROYER, MOSES, M. D. (deceased), was one of the early physicians in Peoria, having settled in the city in 1840, and practiced in the place and its environs more than a third of a century. He was born in Somerset county Pa., on Nov. 5, 1808, removed to Millersburg, Ohio, with parents when a child, were he studied medicine four years, and entered Ohio Medical College from which he graduated in 1833. On the 29th of August, 1839, he married Cynthia Hatfield, in Dayton, Ohio, and the next year came to Peoria. In 1847 he changed from the allopathic to the homoeopathic school of practice, which he strenuously adhered to till his death, which occurred on August 18, 1877, from disease of the heart. During his active labors of forty-two years in the profession, Dr. Troyer was a faithful and skillful physician, and prompted by the large sympathies of his nature, was untiring in his efforts to relieve the sufferings of humanity. His professional, business and social life was marked by a high sense of honor and courtesy of manner, and his influence was ever on the side of law, order and morality. The religious element was conspicuous in his daily life and conversation. He was a firm believer in the doctrines of the "New Church" — Swedenborgian — and never hesitated to express his conviction freely when the occasion required. Consistency was a jewel the doctor wore with becoming grace, and he died as he had lived, cheerful, hopeful and trustful, and at the age of sixty-eight was like the ripe shock gathered home. His widow occupies her cozy homestead on the corner of Adams and Hamilton streets. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 697, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TUCKER, EZRA —Not far from the beginning of the revolution, Robert
Tucker, with his family and two brothers, left England for America, and he was
the progenitor of that line of the Tucker family of whom we now write. A
reasonable family pride has caused each succeeding generation to preserve the
records of its predecessor and to hand down the genealogy to posterity. We are
thus enabled to state that the Robert Tucker above mentioned first settled in
the village of Norton, Massachusetts. Here his son, Robert was married to a Miss
Chaffer, who became the mother of one daughter and two sons, and died. He then
married a lady whose father was a fellow-voyager from England; her name was
Patty Willis. Leaving Norton, he moved first to Brookfield, where he only
remained one season, and thence to Hardwick, Worcester where he made a permanent
home, and raised a family of five sons and one daughter, the latter being of his
first wife. Their names were Seth, Robert, Alfred, Joshua, and Labon; the
daughter was called Hitty. None of the three children of his first wife lived to
years of maturity. His third son, Alfred, was married to Miss Polly Hilliard, in
Hartland, Windsor county, Vermont, in 1795, and from this union there sprang a
family of five sons and two daughters, viz: Orrin, Ezra, Hosea, Homer and Horace
(twins), and Martha and Mary, who were familiarly called, in those days, "Patty"
and "Polly ". This brings the family down to the birth of the subject of this
biography, which was on the 12th day of June, 1802. He learned the trade of
carpenter, and while still young and unmarried left his native state and located
in Madison, Madison county, New York. He had always longed to be a farmer, and
in pursuance of his cherished object he carefully saved all that he had earned
and bought land, which he carried on in connection with his trade. He was
married to Miss Sally Furness, of Madison, by the Rev. Mr. Pierce, of
Sangerfield, on the 21st of January, 1830. In Madison village and in the county
of Madison, N. Y., all of his children were born. There were five daughters and
three sons, named in the order of their ages, William, Mary, Homer C., Ezra,
Eliza, Sarah, Sophronia, and Marian. Of these, all were living in 1873, William,
whose death, at the age of fifteen, was the first death in the family.
In 1836, Mr. Tucker, having some business in the west, came to Illinois. He observed the beauty of the prairies with the eye of a true farmer, and, purchasing a horse, started on a tour of exploration. In riding thus over the unbroken country, he was accompanied by J. F. Wiley, Esq., and after due consideration he selected three quarter-sections, being portions of sections 15 and 22. He and Mr. Wiley went to Quincy to enter their land, but as a month would have to elapse before his application could be considered, he left the money with Mr. Wiley and returned to New York. It was not until 1843 that he was ready to move, and then loading his teams, came through with his family by land, arriving in Brimfield on the 3d of December, 1843, after a journey of seven and a half weeks. He chose a spot on section 15 as his future homestead, and having at last secured his object of his life-long desires, a large and excellent farm, he entered upon the labors of improvement and cultivation with all the zeal inspired by a natural love of farming. He abandoned his trade entirely, which he had vainly endeavored to do in New York, where he had a wide reputation for invention and mechanical skill. Before his death Mr. Tucker had added to his possessions another quarter section, so that he had, in all, six hundred and forty acres. He made preparations to build a commodious house on section 15, but before he consummated this design he was taken sick, and died of dropsy after a short illness on the 31st day of December, 1853.
Though only ten years a resident of Brimfield, Mr. Tucker had made his mark in the town, and had done much by his influence and example to promote the morals and the interests of the community. He was never an office seeker, but often a delegate to the state and county conventions of the democratic party, to which he had belonged since the days of Jackson. The next year, the house planned before Mr. Tucker's death was built. It was occupied by Mrs. Tucker and the family until her death, which occurred on the 1st of July, 1860, in the fifty-eighth year of her of age.
This closes our sketch, and it only remains for us to say that all the sons and daughters are, at this writing, still living in or near the town of Brimfield. The old homestead is occupied by Mr. Ezra Tucker, and his brother, Homer C. Tucker, resides on section 22, as will appear by the atlas map of this township. (Atlas Map of Peoria County, Illinois, 1873, page 62, submitted by Janine Crandell)
TUCKER, EZRA, Jr., farmer, Sec. 15, P. O. Brimfield, son of Ezra Tucker, Sen. (who emigrated from Madison county, N. Y., in 1843), born in Madison county, N. Y., being nine years of age when he came to Peoria county. On the 23d day of December, 1874, married Miss Fanny Moody, who was born in Princeville, this county, September, 1850. He settled on the old homestead (where his father died in 1853), containing 160 acres of land, valued at $80 per acre. They are blessed by three children, two sons and one daughter. Members of the Congregational Church. Independent in politics. Has held several local offices of trust. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 722, submitted by Janine Crandell)
Back to top
TUCKER, H. C., farmer and grain dealer, P. O. Brimfield (Sec. 22), son of Ezra and Sarah (Furness) Tucker, was born in Madison county, N. Y., March 16, 1833. When nine years old emigrated to this county with his parents, where he has followed farming most of the time since. Married Miss Emily M. Ellis. She was born November 11, 1845. The fruit of this marriage is four children, Clemie M., Carrie M., Allie and Duane H. Mrs. T. and Clemie are members of the Congregational Church. Has 160 acres of land valued at $12,000.(The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 722, submitted by Janine Crandell)
Back to top
TUCKER, JOHN S., farmer and tile manufacturer, Sec. 6, P. O. French Grove, son of John and Ellen Tucker, who were natives of Ashland county, O., and pioneers of Peoria county, having settled on Sec. 6 in 1834, and erected a two story brick residence in 1840, and with the aid of thirteen children, eight sons and five daughters, improved a farm of 600 acres. Father died in 1850. Mother died in 1872. Mr. Tucker was the youngest son and born where he now resides, retaining 255 acres of land of the original farm, which he values at $100 per acre. Soon after the breaking out of the late war he enlisted in the 8th Ill. Inf., Co. L, Capt. Green; participated at Ft. Henry, Donaldson, Missionary Ridge, Russell House, where he was wounded, after which he was appointed forage master, and while acting as such was taken prisoner; held at different prisons, seven months of the time at Andersonville, making his escape and recaptured seven different times; mustered out at St. Louis, June, 1865. In August of the same year married Miss Mary, daughter of Joseph and Margaret Nilson, who came to Knox county in 1836, where she was born on the 1st day of December, 1842. In the Fall of 1877 Mr. T. began the manufacture of brick and tile, having discovered on his farm a blue joint clay, which was pronounced by a man of forty-one years' experience the best in this part of the county. Seven children blessed this union, two sons and five daughters. Republican in politics. (The History of Peoria County, Illinois, 1880, page 722, submitted by Janine Crandell)
Back to top
WILLIAM S. TURBETT. Among the portraits and
biographical records of prominent and pioneer citizens of Peoria County that of
Mr. Turbott is presented. He belongs to a pioneer family, and is descended from
worthy ancestors. Tracing his lineage back a few generations, we find that John
Turbett and Priscilla Moore were married in the North of Ireland, April 22,
1723, and had the following children: Matthew, Esther, James, Nathan, Jonathan,
John, William, Thomas, and Samuel. Thomas was born January 20, 1741, and died
June 12, 1820, aged seventy-nine years. He was married to Jean Wilson, who died
June 15, 1826, when sixty-eight years of age.
A native of the Emerald Isle, Thomas Turbett, the paternal grandfather of William S., came to America during Colonial days, settling among the pioneers of Pennsylvania. When the War of the Revolution broke out he entered the army, becoming Colonel of his regiment. His wife, who was a native of Scotland, bore him eleven children, named as follows: John, Thomas, James, Samuel, George, Stewart, William, Nancy, Mary, Esther, and Priscilla. Three of the sons were early settlers of Ohio, one of Fairfield County and two of Richland County. Col. Thomas Turbett and his brother James were the only members of the family who came to America.
Concerning the grandfather of our subject the following is quoted: “Col. Thomas Turbett was a remarkable man in his day. His name appeared on the tax lists of Milford Township as early as 1774. He started the first tanyard in the present Juniata County, and most probably the first west of the Kittatinny Mountains. The tanyard is on the tax list of 1778. He took an active part during the Revolutionary War and rose to the rank of Colonel of Militia. He always contended that the service he rendered his country in that great day of trial and distress was no more than the plain, common duty of any and every citizen. It is related that at the battle of Princeton, a British officer was loudly calling upon the rebels with a profusion of terrible oaths to surrender. Col. Turbett was not in the business at that time, so he laid a rifle on the fence and killed the British officer.”
When a young man, John Turbett, the son of this brave Revolutionary officer, left his native Pennsylvania and became a pioneer of Fairfield County, Ohio, where he married. In 1829 he removed to Fayette County, that State, and during the sojourn there our subject was born, December 25, 1831. The maiden name of his mother was Nancy Beaty. In the fall of 1840 John Turbett, accompanied by his family, came to Illinois and purchased a large tract of land in Logan Township, which his sons improved while he carried on his business as a tanner. He established the first and only tannery in this township; and was one of the substantial citizens of the place. His death, which occurred January 23, 1847, at the age of nearly sixty-four years, was a serious loss to the industrial and material interests of his township. His wife survived him until December 7, 1862, when she too was called hence. She was a daughter of John Beaty, who came to this country from Ireland, and was an early settler of Ohio. He was twice married, first to Jane Gray, who left two sons and four daughters, and afterward to Elizabeth Banker, who had seven children. Mrs. Turbett was a woman of true Christian spirit, and was an esteemed member of the United Presbyterian Church. She and her husband were the parents of ten children, namely: Thomas, who died, leaving a widow and one child; Jane who died in Ohio; Priscilla, John B., Anna Eliza, Nancy E., Mary B., Hannah M., William S. and James A.
Our subject grew up in the pioneer home of his parents, and like every farmer’s lad, was drilled in all that pertains to agricultural pursuits. He was given the advantages of a common-school education, and at the age of twenty years was well equipped to start out in life on his own account, and in 1857 he and his youngest brother, James, purchased eighty acres of land, where he now resides. He has worked hard, and his labors have been so guided by discretion, prudence and sound judgment that he has done well in the prosecution of his calling, and has here one of the finest improved farms in this section of the country. He owns two hundred and seventy acres of land where he lives, and has one hundred and twenty acres of land on the western part of the section. He is very profitably engaged as a breeder of thoroughbred Hambletonian and Norman horses, having a fine herd of them. When he commenced farming operations on his own account he scarcely owned anything beside his team and wagon, and from that small beginning has built up his present valuable property.
Mr. Turbett’s fellow-citizens find in him a man whom they can trust, his credit being always good in financial circles, and his word never doubted. No one is more interested than he in pushing forward the prosperity of Logan Township, and the part that he has taken in its development will always be noted in any mention of the history of this locality. In politics he has ever favored the policy of the Democratic party, and he cast his first vote for President, for Franklin Pierce. (Portrait & Biographical Album of Peoria, Illinois (1890), pages 373-374, submitted by Susan Hare)
Back to top
JOHN B. TURBETT. To gain success even under favorable circumstances
bespeaks talent; to win it in spite of obstacles evinces genius. Difficulties
and trials have entered the life of Mr. Turbett, but they have been overcome by
this indefatigable worker. For more than fifty years he has been a resident of
Logan Township, where he is ranked among the enterprising and successful
farmers. His sturdy and persistent pioneer labors have contributed to develop
the agricultural resources of this region, and to such as he Peoria County owes
the proud station it occupies in the galaxy of the counties of Illinois.
Among the pioneer settlers of Peoria County were the Turbett family. The parents were John and Nancy (Beatty) Turbett, natives of Juniata County, Pa. About 1814 they removed to Fairfield County, Ohio, making the journey on horseback. During their residence in the last-named county John B., our subject, was born January 18, 1820. However, not feeling satisfied with prospects in the buckeye State, in the fall of 1839 the family came to this county and settled on section 21, Logan Township; the two hundred and forty acres of land on which they located was purchased by their two oldest sons with money procured though a brother.
In this home Mr. and Mrs. Turbett passed their remaining days, he dying in 1847, at the age of sixty-three years, and she in 1862, at the age of seventy-three. The following are the names of their ten children: Thomas, who died, leaving one daughter; Jane, Mrs. Irvin, died in Ohio; Priscilla, now Mrs. S.W. Brooks; John B.; Eliza, Mrs. Stewart; Ellen, Mrs. Stewart; Mary; Hannah, Mrs. Stewart; William S. and James A. Mr. Turbett was a tanner in early life, and came of Irish ancestry, his father having been born in Ireland, and emigrating from that country to Pennsylvania.
John B. Turbett received but limited educational advantages, but he had a fine opportunity to become thoroughly conversant with farming in all its branches. Ever since he came to this State, when he was about eighteen years of age, he has fought the battle of life unassisted. For many years he has lived on the old homestead, which he owns. He sold one hundred and six acres of it, and now has remaining one hundred and twenty acres of fine and well-improved land. He has forty acres of valuable timber land. Here his declining years are passed in comfort and peace, and in the enjoyment of that respect which is called forth by an upright, honorable life. He and his wife are stanch members of the Presbyterian Church and are ever true to the faith.
The most important event in the life of our subject was his marriage, December 30, 1856, to Martha Crow, who has faithfully aided him in his labors, and they have mutually comforted each other in the sorrows that have fallen to their lot. Mrs. Turbett, who was born in Licking County, Ohio, is a daughter of William and Margaret (Downing) Crow, natives respectively of Pennsylvania and Ohio. She was their only child, and her mother dying when she was fifteen days old, she was reared by her grandfather, William Downing.
The following is a record of the children born to our subject and his wife: Thomas A.; Sydney M,; Nancy L., wife of J.W. Jacobs, of Warren County, Iowa; Priscilla J., George W. and James B. In the month of March, 1885, a terrible grief overshadowed the household of Mr. and Mrs. Turbett as at that time three bright and promising sons—Walter, Edwin, and Orrin, aged respectively seventeen, fourteen and eleven—were removed by that dreadful scourge, diphtheria. Their afflicted parents do not grieve without hope, however, as they are sustained by their firm religious faith and believe that they will meet their children elsewhere in a brighter and better world. They lost two other children in infancy.
Elsewhere in this volume will be found a lithographic portrait of Mr. Turbett. (Portrait & Biographical Album of Peoria, Illinois (1890), pages 373-374, submitted by Susan Hare)
Back to top
JAMES A.TURBETT. We invite the attention of the reader to a lithographic
portrait of this gentleman, presented on the opposite page. He is a
representative citizen of Peoria County, owning and operating a fine farm in
Logan Township. Besides being a practical tiller of the soil he is interested in
stock-raising, making a specialty of Short-horn cattle and Norman horses. Upon
his farm he has a beautiful home, replete with the comforts and luxuries of
The parental history of Mr. Turbett is fully given in the sketch of John B. Turbett, to be found elsewhere in this volume. His parents were John and Nancy (Beaty) Turbett, and while they were residents of Fayette County, Ohio, James A. was born, May 31, 1834. When five years of age he accompanied his parents to this county, of which he is now an honored and enterprising citizen. At the age of eighteen he began to work out by the month, and his extensive property has been accumulated by the persistent force of quiet and well-directed toil. He is now the owner of a large and very valuable farm of four hundred and forty acres, and has erected a handsome and substantial residence, a commodious barn and other conveniently arranged outbuildings. For the past eight years he has been engaged in breeding Short horns, and for six years has bred Norman horses, having a fine collection of stock on his place.
March 3, 1870, Mr. Turbett and Miss Nancy Parr were united in marriage. She was born in Ireland, and is a daughter of Andrew and Ann (Parr) Parr. Of their pleasant wedded life seven children have been born, of whom the following are living: John G., Stewart, William and James H.
As the most of his boyhood and manhood have been passed in this county, our subject is well known, both socially and in a business way, and is regarded with favor and friendship by a numerous acquaintance, his wife sharing with him in the high estimation in which he is held. He has long been identified with the Democratic party, having cast his first vote for James Buchanan. (Portrait & Biographical Album of Peoria, Illinois (1890), pages 373-374, submitted by Susan Hare)
Back to top
A. O. TUTTLE was born in Camden, Oneida
county, New York, July 7, 1821. He came west in 1844, and settled in Elmwood
township, Peoria county, Illinois. After working by the month at farming one
year he bought forty acres of land and improved it. He left there in 1851, and
removed to Trivoli township, bought a farm, and lived on it two years. In 1853
he removed to Logan Township, and bought another farm, on which he built a fine
residence, a view of which can be seen elsewhere. He now has a farm of three
hundred acres, situated in Trivoli, Logan, and Elmwood townships.
Mr. Tuttle was married in Camden, New York, in 1846, to Miss Betsey Dunlap, by whom he had five children; four of them are living. Mrs. Tuttle died February 22, 1859. Mr. Tuttle was again married, February 12, 1862, to Miss Mary J. Graham. There were two children born to them, both living. Mr. Tuttle is a successful farmer. (Atlas Map of Peoria County, Illinois, 1873, page 78, submitted by Dan Grachek & wife)
Back to top
Any contributions, corrections, or suggestions would be deeply appreciated!
Copyright © Janine Crandell & all contributors
All rights reserved